Thursday, March 12, 2009

An Album A Day

I've fallen behind a bit in recording what I've been listening to, mainly because I've had the lurgy and haven't been online as much as usual. So here's the last few days' albums:

March 12th: VNV Nation - Futureperfect
I love this band. This particular album is a few years old now but still one of my favourites. I'm looking forward to their new one which is out later this year.

March 11th: Placebo - Once More With Feeling: Singles 1996-2004
Placebo are much underrated in my humble opinion. This singles collection proves just how strong their particular sound is.

March 10th: The Race - In My Head It Works
The Race are most definitely my favourite band at the moment. They're from Reading and In My Head It Works is their second album and was out on Monday (though I'm a stakeholder in the band and got my special copy a few weeks ago. It's fantastic - and this band are even better live. A standout track is Moorwood, which almost makes me cry ...

March 9th: Elbow - Cast Of Thousands
Woop woop I'm going to see Elbow next weekend! About time I caught up on their back catalogue. Love this album, especially Fugitive Motel.

March 8th: Doves - The Last Broadcast
I haven't listened to this album for years and had forgotten just how good it is!

March 7th: My Chemical Romance - The Black Parade
Okay, this one is a bit of a cheat - we went up to MK for a family do and listened to my MP3 player on the way - my daughter was choosing the music so we probably had about half this album, but I have heard the rest of the album a few dozen times too!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger